One of the focal points of the Electoral College
There is a need for politeracy (political Literacy) in Nigeria. People do not understand
- Why political parties are created
- What the responsibilities and jurisdictions of people in political parties are
- The Need to be part of a system in governance through political participation outside of voting.
The Electoral College of Nigeria seeks to address this issue through the following ways
- Organization of seminars/Town-hall meetings
- A school for aspirants to understand the deliverables of the office they pursue.
- To develop programs that enlighten the electorate on all spheres of governance through traditional and social media
- To organize and encourage debate between candidates at every level